Why investing in the South East region’s Major Roads Package is necessary:
With a large number of families moving to South East Melbourne every year, it is increasingly clear that investment in local roads hasn’t kept up with demand. Many roads in key industrial areas are inadequate, and new links aren’t being built fast enough to meet demand. It’s time for a major investment in key roads throughout South East Melbourne.
SEM has identified five key roads in the region, by investing in these the Victorian Government can reduce congestion and improve transport reliability for hundreds of thousands of residents and local business.
Key Ask: A major roads package for the south east
SEM is calling on the Government to begin work on the following roads:
- Thompsons Road, Clyde North (Extension from Clyde Road to Cardinia Road)
- Koo Wee Rup Road, Pakenham (Duplicate north-south links)
- Westall Road, Clayton (Commit funding for extension to the Monash Freeway)
- Lathams Road, Carrum Downs (Develop business case for duplication to aid freight movements)
- Golf Links Road, Somerville (Commit funding for road upgrade following completion of business case)
- Glasscocks Road, Dandenong South (Early development of Glasscocks Road through CGD and into Casey)
If you want to know how you can help SEM advocate for this project, please contact us on email@example.com